This is the second time this year I have fallen through the ice. This weekend was the annual Walled Lake Sno-Ball tourney. There was a total of four ball diamonds playing. The top layer of ice was melting, which left a three foot wide by six inch deep puddle around each of the bases. Highlight of the softball for me was watching a three hundred pounder slide into second, spraying a rooster tail of frozen slush behind him. I make it to the event most years. This year was relatively mild from a winter powersports perspective, it's usually quite an active day on the lake. In years past on this day I've seen helicopters land, planes on skis land, snowmobile races, two dudes in a Mercury Capri with the top down in ski goggles doing hot laps around the lake, and a host of kiteboarding, XC skiing and other winter activites all taking place at the same time on the lake in all directions.
After watching the softball for a while I walked accross the lake to Bruces house, near the shore the ice got soft and in I went. At that point I think I had an idea as to why there was less activity on the lake this year than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment